Updated June 24, 2020
Dear patients of 44 West Dental Professionals,
We have been back in the office full-time and are excited to continue our role in improving the oral health of our patients! During the shutdown, we were hard at work making changes to our facility and protocols to assure a safe office environment for our patients and team. Excellent office disinfection, instrument sterilization, hand hygiene, and mask and eye protection have always been a part of the culture here at 44 West. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have doubled those efforts! Here are some the changes you will see next time you visit our office:
- In addition to the text reminders, we will also be sending a link to a short screening form a few days prior to your appointment. This form is meant to to screen each patient who enters the office.
- We will be taking your temperature upon arrival with a no-contact forehead thermometer.
- We ask all patients to please wear a mask (if they are able) to their appointment.
- We are making use of a “virtual” waiting room. This means that we ask you to call the office upon arrival to your appointment, and we will let you know when we are ready and will escort you directly to your room with no waiting in common areas.
- We have added air purification units to every treatment room and in common areas.
- We have also upgraded our HVAC system to include UV-C air disinfection and improved filtration to provide the cleanest office air possible!
- You will notice that our clinical team will be wearing upgraded PPE, which may include N95 masks, face shields, surgical gowns, and surgical caps.
- We have increased the use of protective barriers in the treatment rooms.
- We added a protective plexiglass barrier at our front desk area.
- Hand sanitizer is available for patient use throughout the office.
- We have removed hard-to-disinfect items from the reception area including magazines, books, and children’s toys.
- We have made improvements to our check-out process to expedite the check-out procedures.
- We are allowing more time for certain appointments to allow social distancing between patients and additional time to disinfect the rooms.
- We are screening each 44 West team member daily, including a questionnaire and taking temperature.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep all our patients healthy and safe in our office! We also understand that many of you may have questions about rescheduling a missed appointment during the office closure. Please know we have been working diligently to reschedule these many missed appointments. We ask for your patience in these efforts as we have 2.5 months worth of patients who need to be rescheduled! If your appointment was missed due to the closure, you may call us to reschedule even if you have not heard from us yet. If you have any questions, we invite you to call us at (616) 530-2200 or send an email to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing everyone again very soon!
Drs. Doublestein, Wierenga, Trierweiler, and team at 44 West Dental Professionals