Updated March 2021
Dear patients of 44 West Dental Professionals,
It has now been one year since the initial shutdown occurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic! We are extremely proud of the steps we have taken to continue delivering the quality treatment you have come to expect while maintaining the safety of our patients, staff, and community. Excellent office disinfection, instrument sterilization, hand hygiene, and mask and eye protection have always been a part of the culture here at 44 West. Here is a summary of some of the changes we have implemented in our office:
- Upon arrival, we ask that all patients call to inform us of their arrival. A few screening questions will be asked at that time.
- We will be taking your temperature upon arrival with a no-contact forehead thermometer.
- We ask all patients to please wear a mask to their appointment.
- We are now making only very limited use of our reception area. We have removed half our chairs and are only allowing a limited number of patients to wait in the reception area. When possible, we will be ready when you arrive to the office and will escort you directly to your room with no waiting at all!
- We have added air purification units to every treatment room and in common areas.
- We have also upgraded our HVAC system to include UV-C air disinfection and improved filtration to provide the cleanest office air possible!
- You will notice that our clinical team will be wearing upgraded PPE, which includes N95 masks, face shields, surgical gowns, and surgical caps.
- We have increased the use of protective barriers in the treatment rooms.
- We added a custom-built protective plexiglass barrier at our front desk area.
- Hand sanitizer is available for patient use upon entry and throughout the office.
- We have removed hard-to-disinfect items from the reception area including magazines, books, and children’s toys.
- We have made improvements to our check-out process to expedite the check-out procedures.
- We are allowing more time for certain appointments to allow social distancing between patients and additional time to disinfect the rooms.
- We are screening each 44 West team member daily, including a questionnaire and taking temperature.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep all our patients healthy and safe in our office! If you have any questions, we invite you to call us at (616) 530-2200 or send an email to [email protected]
Drs. Doublestein, Wierenga, Trierweiler, and team at 44 West Dental Professionals